[APD] What a weekend (slightly off topic)

People in Arizona are exempted from this discussion.

Darn, it happens twice a year.  Just when you've got the photo periond on
your tanks set just right, along comes Daylight Savings time (or the lack
thereof) and messes up your clocks.

You know, getting up at 2 AM on Sunday to change the time on the clocks
just isn't as much fun as it used to be.  Especially now that you also
have to change the batteries on your smoke alarms and test them.  Some of
those high ones require getting the ladder from the garage in the dark and
that really pisses off the resident racoons.  And the racket the alarms
make when you push the test button just isn't something that should happen
in the middle of the night - just ask our cats.

We tried to speed things up this year by sharing the chore of clock
setting.  I did some and my wife did some. Of course, being half awake, it
was difficult to keep track of which clocks the other already changed and
we ended up with clocks at three different times and we couldn't tell what
time it was anymore.

I think it's high time to change how we deal with this time change thing.
Let's move it from 2 AM Sunday morning to 2 PM Sunday.  Of course, there
are TV shows and what not to synchronize so I suggest we make a Natiomal
Holiday out of it.  We can have parades with marching bands and floats
with a time theme. Dick Clark can help count down the seconds to New Time
with the Dropping Ball and all.  It seems a waste to have that fancy
Dropping Ball and only use it once per year.

Hallmark probably needs a new set of greeting cards; I can't imagine they
have all 52 weeks of the year covered already.  And the phone company
surely needs help in the phone calls department. They must be going broke
with mass calls only being made on Mother's Day and Thanksgiving.

And won't the phyics professors have a grand time explaining what happened
to the time between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM in the Spring Leap Forward.  Will
Superstring Theory also explain this?

I do see trouble brewing in the Fall Fall Back though. Who hasn't wished
they could go back an hour in time and take back what they just said or
not do what they just did? So the time between 2 PM and 3 PM is kind of
Experimental Time. Try something. If you screw it up, wait until Fall Back
and do it the right way this time.  I'm sure criminals will think of some
way to take advantage of this, though. Luckily, banks and stock markets
are closed on Sunday.

George "Still not sure what time it is"