[APD] Re: Vortex Diatom Filter

I guess the definition of a "problem" is in the eye of the owner.  A little green dust on the glass that cleans off in 30 seconds once a month is not a problem for me.

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 14:13:51 EDT
From: GramFran413 at aol_com
Subject: [APD] Re: Vortex Diatom Filter
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com

In a message dated 10/24/03 9:15:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
aquatic-plants-request at actwin_com writes:

> I do not have an algae problem but do get some minor algae and
bio-slime on
> the inside of the glass.

Are you telling me then that I don't have an algae problem?  My 29T has
no
plants; it's home to several Silver Dollars who look upon ANYthing
green
(including hornwort) as haute cuisine!  I removed the plastic plants
because they
collected algae; the only "ornaments in the tank are some lovely pieces
of
driftwood.  The "only" algae problem I have is on the front glass, but
I (perhaps in
my naivete) consider that an algae problem!

Growing old is inevitable; growing UP is optional.