[APD] Ammo Lock and Ammonia Tests

Can using Ammo Lock cause artificially high ammonia tests? I understand
that it causes the NH3 to be converted to NH4 and hence tests may not
decline immediately. My ammonia test this afternoon reads 2 ppm which is
causing me some concern even though the ions should all be in the NH4 from.
The fish show no signs of distress,  they have very good color, no gill
rubbing and no other symptoms. Also nitrite is testing at or very near
zero. The water smells good. I'm going to do a 50% water change and add
some Bio-spira.

Any suggestions?

Phil Bunch