[APD] Re:Algae Eating Shrimp Eating Plants?

Hi,

 I have a 10g planted tank with a few fish and about 35 cherry shrimp. I have
yet to see the shrimp eat any of the plants.

 I was in the LFS one day and they had a big sword in with the cherry shrimp
and it appeared that the shrimp were eating it. But I'm not sure if the shrimp
were eating it or if they were just eating the decaying parts of the plant.

 As far as they clearer shrimp go they may be juv. cherry shrimp mine breed
quite often and it takes a while for them to get the deep red.