From: BobAlston9 at aol_com
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Subject: [APD] UV Question
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:33:58 -0400

>As for the UV, what stops the UV from damaging the DNA of the
>plants/fish/shrimp? Is it just that they do get damaged, but higher
>organisms have more cellular machinery in place to fix that damage?

The UV is active within a sealed container thru which only water flows.
Fish and plants can't flow there. So they are not subjected to the UV. As
for shrimp, if they go thru who knows what effects. Probably best to have a
prefilter or strainer.

Bob Alston
BobAlston9 at AOL_com
http://members.cox.net/tulsaalstons/