[APD] worried

I would first like to thank all those who replied to my quest for help
regarding lighting..."help with lighting choice". All replies were very
helpful and I eventually ordered a mix of metal halides and power compacts in
a 6 foot hood with fans. Anyway here's my latest worry..(and why is it that
we can't have a tank without worries). I ordered the lights and was told that
they would be delievered within 72 hours so I went ahead and ordered a 200
plant selection from Floridadriftwood.com. This came in two days, arriving on
the same day the lights were to arrive. Well to make a long story short the
lights were not shipped. They had to order them and they will not arrive for
7 to 10 days. This would have been really helpful to know BEFORE I ordered
the plants. So now I have 200 plants and only the light fixtures that came
with the tank originally, two double strip lights with 55 watt NO
flourescents.

Question: Can the plants survive until the hood arrives ??? I don't expect
that they will totally decompse before the lights arrive but will they be
damaged to such a degree that I've wasted my money and time, not to mention
killing a really nice bunch of plants ??

Thanks in advance for your help.