[APD] Re: Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 2, Issue 28

* From: "Matt & Jenn Birckbichler" <matt_n_jenn at hotmail_com>

It's the end of a very bad day :( I woke up this mourning to a very, very, very clouded aquarium, I guess my cat, no wait, my wife's cat got under my aquarium and knocked the bottle of sugar and yeast over. Needless to say almost all of it ended up in the aquarium :( About 12 hours ago I did a 50% water change and charged my diatom filter. I let it run for a few hours and the aquarium wasn't clearing up. I back flushed it to make sure it was working. It's now 12 hours later and my aquarium still hasn't cleared. I'm going to do another 50% water change in the mourning. Is there anything else I can do? Has this happened to anyone else? How long should it take to clear up? I'm guessing about 1 liter was dumped into the aquarium.
Thank you to anyone who can help,

Matt

It has happened to lots of people, and I haven't seen them reporting fish deaths. They did what you are doing---massive water changes and keep the filters and pumps and anything else that agitates the water running. Eventually the cloudiness clears up. Next time securely tie the yeast bottle to a leg of your aquarium stand.
--
Paul Krombholz in sunny central Mississippi