Re: [APD] Tannin from Driftwood

It depends on the wood, it's density and how tannin rich it
is.

It could simmer down in a few weeks, months, or take more
than a year.

I suggest that you wait and see how bad it gets just before
a regular water change -- do this for a few changes.  If
that's too dark, then bite the bullet and remove the wood
and simmer it for about 30 minutes.

It's a bit of trouble to remove and reinsert it, but you
don't want to be unhappy with your aquarium every time you
look at it.

This works for me anyhow.

Good luck, good fun,
Scott H.