Re: [APD] Re: Lux

Actually, watts per gallon is the *most* useful because,
although inaccurate, it's readily availailable.  Othe
measures that woul dbe more accurate are worth a darn
because they generally can be used because adequate info
isn't available to the many if not most hobbyist.

A ight output rating for a fixture/bulb combination would
be best if practical, or one could assume a given fixture
(invoking ceteris parabus) and a given type and size of
bulb.  Of course, you'd still have to decide on what kind
of output to measure -- PAR would probably best for
assessing effect on plant growth but not as I think Bill W.
was reminding us, how bright things look or what color they
appear to be.

Scott H.