[APD] Re: Re: Flourish Excel and algae

>>"But, for reasons Uncle Sam won't let us discuss, all I can say is that
algae
can't feed on Excel and I will leave it as an exercise to the reader to
deduce
why this is the case (big picture folks, no chemistry involved ;-)."

Perhaps I've had too much chemistry and biology to think big picture,
because I
can't figure out what he's getting at. Can anyone explain why Excel would
provide carbon to plants but not algae?<<

Because Excel is not carbon, no carbonic acid...its chemical compounds
called intermediates. And as I understand it from Dr. Morin, plants use
these in the same way as they do carbon, but algae does not. I am sure Greg
will expand on this further.

Robert Paul Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com