Re:[APD] what is this plant?

* From: "Jon Cooper" <cooperj at westman_wave.ca>
Now that I finally got my 2x36 bright kit set up tonight and can actually see this plant properly, I'm curious to know what it is. A friend gave it to me about 6 months ago, but he didn't know what it was either. So far, it hasn't really died, but it hasn't grown any. The roots are brown and very hard, the same consistancy as the stem - almost like a tree branch without any leaves.
I've done a lot of looking around but haven't found a picture of anything that resembles it yet. Right now it's about 2.5" tall with the roots being about 1-1.5".

http://home.westman.wave.ca/~cooperj/fish/unknownplant1.jpg

It is definitely a fern that should be in terrarium. It looks a little like Adantum raddiantum, shown in Teapoot's book in the section on terrarium plants. However, I think the central "stem" of the leaves is thicker in your plant. Don't expect it to thrive underwater.
--
Paul Krombholz in sunny central Mississippi