RE: [APD] Fw: Small flourescent bulbs

The curse of compact fluorescents (not to be ocnfused with
power compacts) is that the "warmer colored" lower color
temp bulbs tend to be stronger with yellow light rather
than red.  While the effect is less bluish than an ordinary
fluorescent tube, it's not all that attractive for aquaria.

For example the phillips earth lights are strikingly
yellowish.

Scott H.