RE: [APD] repairing an old tank

Ron wrote:
I have a ten gallon stainless steel that I cleaned out all of the mastic
from, and then resealed fairly generously with silicone. It's been up
for a few months now without a leak.

YMMV,
Ron

Ron, I repaired a friend's 15 gallon metaframe in '86 that had 3 pains (yes
I spelled it right) broken that had to
be replaced. For the slate bottom I also had a glass piece cut to rest over
it and generously siliconed it to all four sides smoothing the bead with a
cut raw
potato as previously described. I called
her today and it still doesn't leak (she
keeps guppies in it). Hopefully you will
have the same luck with yours.

Bill