[APD] re: Closing up for the night

>  As I am sitting here in front of my tank w. the lights off ...
> I see all of the stem plants with their leaves raised - like
> they've closed shop for the night. ...
>  I am wondering why the aquatic stem plants do this.
>  I'd think they'd stay open so that they can re-absorb the
>  O2, that is trapped under the leaves, for respiration.

Jason - I don't have the answer to your question, but I've noticed the same
phenomena *before* lights out towards the end of the lighting day, when the
plants are really pearling.   I'd also be interested in learning the cause.
I always thought it was just phototropism in the leaves after lots of light,
but if it happens in your tank *after* lights out, that must not be it.

Terry in Phoenix