[APD] repairing an old tank

I have an old stainless steel 180cm long aquarium. After the last earthquake it sprang multiple leaks and upon emptying it and cleaning it out, I discovered the mastic had turned to dust. After 10 long seconds of panicking as glass dropped out of its place in the frame I'd like to know what's the best way to go about reseating the glass and repairing this tank.

Currently, the tank is in 6 pieces: glass panes and cleaned steel framwork. Can I use silicon sealant to seat the panes into the frame or do I need to go about this in a different manner?

Ed in Japan