[APD] Re: Broken strip tetra - catching fish

Cut, and Print! That's good advice on catching fish. Thanks. I was using two
nets, but the bigger net still was not as big as the tank. I did end up
destroying the tank entirely trying to move the ember tetras out of a 10
gallon. Hence, my caution with the 59 gallon!

Re the appetite of the broken stripe tetras, they seem to be hearty eaters,
will they outcompete other fish? The cardinals are alway nervous and wait
for food to fall, due to the serpaes harassment apparently, as the newer
cardinals in the isolation tank come to the surface for food everytime. Is
there any way to predict if these broken stripe tetras will act like dither
fish for the cardinals or whether their big appetite will just mean that
there's less chance of food reaching the cardinals? Will the broken stripe
tetras steal food from the kuhlies?

Ann Viverette

: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:33:08 -0400