Re: [APD] Aquarium Pharm. "Algae Fix" product

According to the MSDS for the active chemical in AgaeFix,
the chemical should not be gotten on your skin in
nondiluted form.  No info is available on the effects of
exposure to diluted forms nor is any info available on long
term effects.  It's a 4.5% solution in the bottle.

If you use it regularly, you have some exposure each time
you get aquarium water on your skin.  Should you use gloves
when working on an aqaurium with this stuff? There isn't
sufficient info available to know that that's necessary,
nor to know that it's not.

The MSDS doesn't provide any info on how quickly the
chemical breaks down into simpler and safer chemicals.
Whenever you drain water from your tank, where does the
chemical go?

Since healthy planted tanks generally do not have much of
an algae problem, would use of this product mask problem
situations and make assessment more difficult?

Why wouldn't one of the successful techniques for growing
healthy plants be preferable?

Scott H.