Re: [APD] Aponogeton

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Hal Craig wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> While wandering my local Walmart I have discovered
> blister packs of Aponogeton bulbs.  Has anyone on the
> list tried these in their aquariums?  The pack I saw
> was labled as Aponogeton ulvaceous.  Is this a good
> way to buy these plants?  There were 5 or 6 bulbs for
> $2.67.

Ah, that takes me back.  Time used to be that the term "Wal-Mart Bulbs"
was more common than "Amano Shrimp". These were one of the only good ways
of getting plants in some places.  Yeah, they work.  Odds are that they're
hybrids (crispus x rigidifolius?), but they can look good.  And some will
be duds, but who cares?  It's 6 bulbs for $2.67!

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com