RE: [APD] Aquarium Weight in Apartment

Shane Kaiser Wrote:

>I want to put a 90 gallon or 110 gallon tank in my second floor apartment.
>The apartment I live in is only 2 years old. The question I have is will
>the floor hold the weight

Shane,

I have had as many as two 180G aquariums setup in my 10th floor apartment
for years without any problems. I did check with my landlord though and they
require me to carry renters insurance that would cover damages should they
occur. (I actually have a rider on the policy just in case)

I suspect that your floor will have no problem supporting the weight.
Probably a good idea to review your lease and talk to your landlord about
any rules related to keeping large aquariums though...

Best,

Dave