[APD] Strange algae "bush"

I've noticed an strange algae growing on rocks and driftwood in my tank.

Originally it was growing on a piece of Hawaiian rock that I removed, algae
loved it too much.

It is a dark blue-green color, and looks like a "Star-Trek" tribble or some
saltwater hair algae, but I've never seen it in any freshwater tanks I've
kept.

I know my ph is 7.0, gh is 15, kh is 2, ammonia/ites/ates all immeasurable
on my test kit.

I don't know about metals, light or heavy.  Substrate is Schultz Profile,
high pressure co2, no ferts within the past few weeks, 128 watts light, 30
gallon tank.

http://www.myaquaria.com/albums/diyfwplants/bushy_algae.sized.jpg

http://www.myaquaria.com/albums/diyfwplants/bushy_algae_detail.sized.jpg

For scale, the clear "cable" seen on the driftwood is some 20# monofilament
fish line.

tia... Gordon