Re: [APD] Re: High water evaporation

Thanks, K9,

But if you're replacing evaporated water, you don't need to
add more minerals just because you're adding more water.

Has anyone suggested using pure RO as the only source of
water for a fish or plant tank?  Or was the suggestion that
RO be used as top-off to replace evaported water?

I might have been reading poorly but I think the suggestion
was the latter.  In which case the point would be to *not*
add more minerals with the RO.

I read the original poster, who said "*like* laboratory
standard" [my emphasis] as speaking a bit loosely and not
trying to define standards for any particular laboratory.
And in most aquariums cases, it's like, you know, like good
enough ;-)  Unless there's some relatively high
concentrations of some things in the tap water that the RO
won't remove.  So, like, cut the poster some slack.  We
don't expect our RO to be perfect, why excpect the posts to
be?

Scott H.