Re: [APD] Water evaporation in a planted aquarium

It's basically a straightforward math problem

You don't need RO water if you do water changes.  Even with
partial changes there's a limit to how high the
concentrations will get.  After a point, the rate of
increase becomes infinitesimally small.

Otoh, if you just top off with tap water, the minerals
never leave the tank and keep increasing.

Water changes are cheaper than RO gear and, if you're doing
water changes anyway to control against excess nutrients,
well, then it's not even any more work ;-)

Scott H.