Re: [APD] Test Kits

The phosphate test is perfect.

The nitrate-nitrogen test kit is good too but note that it
measures nitrate-nitrogen, which means the nitrogen part of
nitrate.  To get to nitrate, you multiply by 4.4 .  That's
in the directions, and if you do the math, the range is
still very good for aquaic gardening purposes.

The phosphate kit can be hard to read , depending on your
lighting.

The nitrate-nitrogen kit comes in a tablet form that's much
easier to use and the range is about the same.

If you checkout LaMotte's web site you can see them all and
yo can order them and be assured of fresh reagents.

Fosters and Smith seems to have stopped carrying the line
and pushed some out of date stock out the door on a few
folks - and even sent the wrong kit to at least one person
I know of and then denied carrying the right kit -- and all
the while LaMotte didn't know F&S had dropped them --  the
rotten buggers  :-| .

Customaquatic.com in california handles lamotte and you
might buy it cheaper from him than directly form lamotte.

Scott H.