RE: [APD] Does Flourite ever need replacing?

Actually it DOES need replacing if: you are foolish enough to remove
it from your wife's minibow 7 (and not save it) when you move from
Maine and substitute with sand, profile, soil, gravel down in Alabama.
I've been told to buy some more Flourite and replace the "homespun"
substrate. She misses the bowers and thickets of watersprite, foxtail,
cyrpts, etc, she had in Maine.

Bill

>I use a 70% Flourite and 30% sand/gravel substrate.  I was wondering
>if the Flourite ever runs out of iron.  Does it need to be replaced
>after a certain length of time?  If so, how long or is it dependent
>too much on how many or what kind of plants you have?  My tank is
>completely packed with plants, including many kinds of stem plants
>and swords.

No, Flourite will not run out of iron so it is not necessary to replace it.
--

Gregory Morin, Ph.D.  ~~~~~~~Research Director~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seachem Laboratories, Inc.      www.seachem.com     888-SEACHEM