[APD] Milwaukee pH controller problem

My ph controller is having some recent issues. Whenever it trips (turns solenoid on) it seems to quickly "reset" the controller, which turns the solenoid off. When it settles back out, it turns the solenoid back on (flow position) and it happens again. It just started a day or two ago but I woke up to it ringing (back, forth, back, forth) since the solenoid itself isn't very quiet when closing.

I haven't cleaned the pH probe yet and it's older (1+ year), but it was working well at the last test (3 weeks ago). The other possible problems would be relay in the 120v plug for the controller is requiring too much power and turns the controller off when actuating the relay (but it's never done it before) and finally, some stray voltages are causing odd, instantaneous readings in the pH probe itself (grounding probe might help?).

Anyone have similar problems? Cleaning the probe is the first order of business... once I get a few extra minutes.

In Winston Salem,
Chris