Re: [APD] RE: Viruses and worms -- and hipper hippopotamology

Well, virus is in the English vernacular.  The latins no
longer have a claim on it's spelling or pronounciaton.

Heck, there's no consensus among latin scholars anyway on
several issues about latin. "v" like a "w" or "v" like a
"v".  "i" like and "ee".

I know I'm not about to start talking about a "WEE-russ"
and "WEE-ree-ee."  I simply won't do it and I urge others
not to.  ;-)
Latin aside, I also won't say "LEE-vur" instead of
"LEH-vur."

I'm genuinely ambivalent about "HAIR-riss-ment" versus
"hah-RASS-ment."

And don't forget, "hippopotamuses" is simply 'funner' to
say that way.   Although my daughter, impressed with the
enormity of the beasts, prefers "hippopot-a-lot-amuses."
:-)

Welcome back, Steve.

Scott H.