[APD] Re: Changing GH

<snip>
<<Unless you have plants that eat gobs of the Mg/Ca,
the GH should not drop with time. Just add the right
proportion to change water and it should be quite
stable.>>

If you don't mind my askin', which plants use up
Mg/Ca? My gH has crept up from 8 (tapwater level) to
14 degrees during past 7 months.

I'm new to this all, I just started my first tank in
March, so I don't know how normal it is. I do leave
the lid open to keep the tank from going over 80F, so
there's a lot of evaporation and I top it off.
Although I'm wondering if some of it is due to
Flourish Tabs in the substrate leaching stuff into the
water as well...