Re: [APD] Custom SeaLife Moonlites

The versatile aquarist Chuck Gadd was onto this before
CustomSealife.  You can make your own for less bucks, not
counting your labor -- a surplus house cn sell you a
transformer for about $5 or so and you can get superbright
LEDs at lots of electronics outlets.

check out his article at:

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_nightlight.htm

Instead of a series of many LEDs, you could use just one
with a smaller output transformer -- in any event, use a
resistor in series to control the actual voltage across the
LED(s) if the transformer voltage is higher than what the
LEDs require.

I've built a number of these and you're not limited to
white.  The newer super bright or ultrabright LEDs are
rather remarkable for the amount of light they give off.

A nice place form which to get high quality superbright
LEDs with nice color (the shites are espeically nice) is
here:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

set your soldering iron to about 750 degrees F :-)
Have fun,
Scott H.