[APD] RE: cork backgrounds

To all who have recently written to the list and especially those with image
links about using a cork background within a planted tank, THANK YOU!  What
an inspiration.  I have a 45gal acrylic tank that I will be setting up in
the living room of my home, and I have needed ideas for camouflaging the
less-natural parts of the setup.  I especially like the way it looks
overgrown with algaes, mosses, et al., but one question remains:  How thick
does the cork need to be to withstand predation by plecostomus-type sucker
cats?