[APD] Praziquantel: Source for smaller quantities

Here's a copy of an email I received from billman at citynet_net

I have pure Praziquantel powder that I sell in three packet sizes:
6 gram @ $20
12 gram @ $30
25 gram @ $50
1 gram treats 100 gal with one dose.
There are no shipping charges and payment is by money order or "Paypal".

The standard dose for water treatment is about 1 gram per 100 gal. This appears to be the
same as Prazipond which claims 50 grams will treat a little over 5100 gal. This is also
the same approximate dose as 1/4 teaspoon per 20 gal. Prazi is safe enough that doses
don't have to be exact and you will see some variation do to roundoff so the user doesn't
need an analytical scale to measure his dose.

I think there is a product on the market that mixes Prazi with another chemical to help
predissolve the Prazi. The total dosage will be higher but the amount of Prazi is probably
the same 1 gram/100gal.

The dosage is the same for Flukes or Tapeworm but the required number of doses is
different. For Tapeworm one or possibly two doses,a week apart, should be all that's
needed.

Flukes require a minimum of two doses ,about a week apart ,because of possible Fluke eggs
in the water which are not killed by the Prazi. Because of this egg problem and the
complex life cycle of Flukes most people like to give three doses or the current trend is
to dose continuously for the three weeks by starting with the 1gram/100 gal and then
simply replacing any Prazi that's lost when doing a water change. The continuous method
certainly increases your confidence that you got all the bugs but it takes more Prazi,
depending on the size & frequency of your water changes, and I'm not yet convinced its
necessary, but it seems to be safe.

Tapeworm can also be attacked by adding Prazi to food. This requires much less Prazi then
treating the water.
The Prazi dose should be the same for all species of fish.

Walter B. Klockers
Plano, TX