Re: [APD] Re:EcoComplete -- or - Completing comments on Onyx and Eco

Oh yeah.  Thanks for the reminder, Wayne. I forgot to
mention KH.  In my two 20g tanks I did put a handfull of
peat on the glass under the ecocomplete in one tank and
under the onyx in the other.  The pH tracked very closely
in both tanks.  My tap runs about 7.0-7.2 pH. It was
running about 7.1-7.2 when I was setting up and measuring
th 20g tanks -- I mesured for several months.  The
Ecocomplete tank rose to and held at about 7.3 pH and the
Onyx tank rose to and held at 7.4.  No big deal either way,
imo. So I quit measuring and went on to other things.

Just to clarify my prior comments, Ecocomplete was not bad
at gripping new plantings, Onyx was just much better.  The
smaller grain size seemed to make it easier for the Onyx to
fall in and cover the roots as the forceps is removed --
less wiggling involved of the sort Gary Lange described at
the AGA meeting at the NEC Convention last spring.

I have found Ecocomplete more likely to be in a lfs.

Scott H.