[APD] Re: Tempered glass?

At 03:10 PM 9/5/2003, LeDeaux, David wrote:

I have an opportunity to get a couple of sheets of glass out of a
construction project going on here at work.  I figured that it would make a
great cover for one of my tanks.  My concern is that they might be tempered
glass.  Does anyone know how to tell by looking if it is tempered or not
(besides hitting it with a hammer!).  I don't want it if I can't cut it to
size.

There is almost no conceivable circumstance that non-tempered glass would be allowed by building codes for use in a "work" environment (industrial/commercial/retail), at least in the US. Except perhaps for a picture frame.

VERTEXRSI CONFIDENTIAL AND PROPRIETARY
Unless otherwise indicated, all information (including attachments)
contained in this e-mail communication is confidential and proprietary
information exclusively owned by the sender and/or its related or affiliated
companies and shall not, without the prior written consent of the sender, be
used, disclosed, distributed or reproduced, in whole or in part, by anyone
other than the individual or entity to whom this communication is addressed
exclusively for the purpose expressly indicated in this communication.

An odd footnote to an email posted on a public forum!