[APD] Re: New Moss

Loh Kwek Leong <timebomb at pacific_net.sg> writes:
>A few years ago, I played a part in popularizing the name
>of a still-to-be identified moss, Christmas Moss. Now, in
>Singapore, there's a new moss in the market. Unlike the
>Christmas Moss which hangs down, this new moss grows up.
>I have a picture of it at:
>
>http://www.killies.com/ErectMoss01.JPG

It's hard to tell from the picture, but could this be the same moss
shown on Mike Norens' site at
http://hem.bredband.net/micnor/Mysterymoss.htm ?

He found someone who thinks his moss is Leptodictyum riparium. Since
Mike collected it in a lake in Stockholm, maybe it should be called
Swedish Moss. :-)

- Jim