Re: O2 regulator

> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 00:59:41 EDT
> From: Armstr0ng420 at aol_com
>
> A while back, someone referred to using an O2 regulator on a co2 bottle. Can
> this be done? If so, could somebody point me to some info on how to go about
> doing it? I have 2 O2 regs in the garage, and a full co2 bottle w/ no reg.

We did this back in 1989. The local welding shop only had O2 regulators. The
regulator itself is fine for use with CO2 - input and output pressures are
compatible. The only thing they have to do is unscrew the O2 bottle fitting and
use a CO2 fitting instead. I would think most welding shops would have the CO2
part to do this or could order it.

George Booth