mass snail-icide

Do Clown Loaches need to be a certain size (mine are between 1.5" to 2")
before they start on snails? I have 5 in my 280L for the past 1.5 weeks now,
and the number of snails seems to be increasing. Starting today, I'll been
limiting food (initially I fed them to get them settled in) for everyone, so
there will not be any excess for the loaches and see if that helps (so far
they have not put in a appearance during the daytime, but hide in a hollow
log).

Cheers,
Poe
phlim at iinet_net.au