Re: submersed beckettii inflorescence

Bob and Tony,

I'm almost 100% positive it's not a wendtii.  Going by
leaf appearance, it's a dead ringer for the picture in
Kasselmann.  The edges of the leaves aren't curled
under as much as in Paul's photo, but they do.  I've
kept plenty of wendtii in the past that I knew the ID
of, and it looks nothing like that.  I may be wrong
about this one, but I'd be pretty surprised if it was
a wendtii.  IDing Crypts is so confusing!

I did look at the Crypts Pages.  I thought it would be
an easy matter to ID it now, but apparently there's a
lot of variation among different plants of a species.

If there is a collar, it isn't distinct.  It's purple
all along the inside part of the limb and straight
down into the top of the throat.  Twisted slightly.

I did a 4 day blackout recently (gray slime -
#$%#$!!!) and I think that may have something to do
with it.  I'm not sure why, just a hunch.  The
Barclaya is flowering too.

I'll see if I can get some pictures taken soon, as it
looks like it may be starting to rot.  I suppose I
could freeze it.

Thanks, Cavan