Re: Nutrients

Hi Tom,

 Thanks again for all of your help.

 You said that I should try and use CO2 type advice and methods, that is what
I needed to know because I read a lot of post and I wasn't sure which ones
actually applied to my tank.

 The information on growing plants in hard water is also a big help.

 As far a the peacocks being full grown, they are - I think they would eat
the shrimp if they had the chance but the s.algae eaters and o-cats are small
and they swim right in front of the peacocks without any problems.

 I am going to keep running my large tank with Excel for now but I am also
going to set up a small tank with CO2 to get a feel for it.

 I do have another question for you if you don't mind. Right now my water
parameters are Ph 7.4 - KH 5 which from looking at the chart should be a CO2
level of 6. If I add CO2 the lowest I can go with the Ph is 7.2 which with a 5 KH
would make the CO2 level 9.5. Am I understanding this right, will a CO2 level
change from 6 to 9.5 make a big difference?

Thanks,
Bill

multipart/alternative
  text/html