Re: Potamogeton species information

I have another species of Potamogeton that I got from John Glaeser of the Madison (Wisconsin) Aquarium Gardeners Club. He got it from a lake in southeastern Wisconsin. It produces no floating leaves and has narrow translucent leaves with wavy edges. It looks like a cross between P. perfoliatus and Najas. Its leaves are longer and narrower than those of perfoliatus, and its stems are much thinner. Like perfoliatus, it spreads rapidly, given decent lighting. It is a nice-looking plant, and is smaller and more delicate than many of the other Potamogetons. I have it confined to a gallon jar on the windowsill,now, but it can be multiplied quickly.

-- Paul Krombholz in sunny central Mississippi