Re: Storing plants

> From: "Jim Seidman"
> Subject: Storing plants

Jim:

I'd do the water storage in a bin route.

I don't know what your domestic situation is, apartment or domicile with
yard, but if you have access to the outdoors, you cannot only store, but grow all
aquatic plants out there in the summer. I've got buckets and storage
containers all over my yard just full of plants I pulled out of my tanks and couldn't
bear top dispose of.

You can't expose them to direct sunlight right off and you have to use common
sense with water temps, i.e., no leaving them in a parking lot in Palm
Springs, California or a cave in Maine but any semi-shade situation producing water
temps in the 70's to mid 80's shouldn't be a problem for most plants.

Failing that, I'd figure away to rig up your existing tank lights to cover
your container or break down and buy a cheapo 30 W light strip from the Depot or
one of the others and lay that baby across the storage container or even the
bath tub.

There's got to be a way...

Good luck,

Bob Olesen