North American ID Help

I collected this from Shields Lake (in the Platte River watershed) in Lake
Ann, Michigan, three days ago.  No Sagittaria species match this plant at all,
and Vallisneria seems unlikely due to the short blades.  I also saw the plant
in a few other local lakes, always found sympatrically with Najas flexilis.
Anyone have any idea about native species with a red or wine red lanceolate
blade that propogate mainly vegetatively by runners?

Pic:  http://photos.groups.aol.com/_img/gmdpics/O6aGFC/im000891.jpg

Thank you in advance for any help.

Brian Rippon