CO2 Injection and Kent Venturis

When I was first strating to add CO2, I tried using a Kent
Venturi

http://www.kentmarine.com/html/vv.html

They require a very strong flow and present substantial
head to the pump.  Without the strong flow, the CO2 just
bubbles into the waterline about the same as it would if
you inserted stuck a CO2 line.  I.e., the mixing is in the
motion, and yo need a lot of it.  I think Kent recommends a
pump output of something like 400 or 500 gph on the
venturi.

For me, it was more economical to buy a good reactor (Tom
B's) than another big pump.  The Tom B rector, by the way,
runs very well off of a small Rio pump that was inlcuded
with the reactor.

Scott H.