Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #214

Hi Jon,
I am new to this list, too and located in Ontario.  Concerning buying a
filter from the U.S. and having it brought into Canada, the biggest problem
would be customs.  If the shipping was done by UPS or something like that,
more than likely a customs broker would be used by the shipper to bring the
item into Canada which adds considerably to the cost.  Also, you would have
to pay GST and PST, plus a service charge.  If it were delivered by mail,
you would be able to avoid the customs broker.  You would still have to pay
GST and PST plus a $5.00 service charge by Canada Post.

Concerning lighting, I have used Chroma 50's which I got from Home Depot.  I
have also used a full spectrum light from Lee Valley called Verilux.  Both
have been very good.  The Chroma 50's are cheaper.

One of my tanks is a 38 gallon that I have been running for more than 15
years with a UGF (it has been cleaned in that time lol).  I have fabulous
cryptocornes in that tank :-).
Valerie