rocks

the back of his homemade tank and it looked awesome. A
>rock background would provide more hiding areas, would give the impression
of looking at the face of a large rock wall in a lake, and would keep me
from having to clean the back glass of algae. Maybe some thin slate pieces
siliconed to the back. Any suggestions or ideas out there that have worked?

I have a Swedish aquarium book that suggests getting a piece of styrofoam
the size of the
tank and hitting it with a propage torch to make it look rock-like then
siliconing it into
the tank. I guess you could silicone rocks to that, but they also suggest
making a cement
backdrop and cementing rocks into it.

You'd need to leech it with hyrdrochloric acid (outdoors!) of course to
reduece the alakalinity.

--

  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    / http://killifish.vrx.net
 / \  AND POSTINGS        / http://www.vrx.net