Microsorum Pteropus, Java Fern

Hello all,
I have just obtained a single Microsorum Pteropus, Java fern, which is quite
small still. It is been in my south American community tank (pH 7.0, GH 3.0)
for about a month and has not shown any signs of growth as of yet but this
doesn't sound that bad as I understand from previous posts that it is not
the fastest growing plant out there. My question is can I cut it into two
plants yet or shall I wait under it has shown some signs of growth? As it
grows can I keep on splitting it up or is there a limit?

Thanks.
Phil