RE: Slowing down a Quite One pump

You should be able to simply plumb in a ball joint valve, you can adjust by
restricting the flow. Mind you, do this on the output side, not the input
side.  I can not say whether a dimmer switch would be a good idea or not...

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 17:05:33 -0400
From: "Adam N." <adam at xhaos_org>
Subject: Slowing down a Quite One pump

Someone gave me a Quiet One pump and boy is it quiet!  It's rated at
something like 1100GPH and I figure it' pushing close to 7-800 in my
filterless tank, which is only a 75.  Can anyone tell me if I can just put a
dimmer switch in its line to slow it down?  Will this reduce power
consumption?

It's a great pump but 85 watts and 7-800GPH is just to much.

Adam