Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V6 #191

    * To: apd <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
    * Subject: plant ID
    * From: Lazarus Miskowski <lazmiskowski at yahoo_com>
    * Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 14:57:54 -0700 (PDT)

Came across this plant in a lake in North Texas.
Anyone know what it is?

It's obviously very red.  At first I thought it might
be a root, but I don't think do, because this red stem
has its own roots.

Kind of cool looking don't you think?  Almost like it
belongs in salt water.

http://taopa.com/auction/pics/rayroberts_red.jpg

Arthur
http://taopa.com

It really is a root. Roots can have side branches. It is probably from some nearby bush or tree which is a species adapted to having its roots in the water, possibly a willow.
--
Paul Krombholz in steamy central Mississippi