re mystery moss

// Daniel.
The photos of the mystery moss are very good.
http://hem.bredband.net/micnor/Mysterymoss.htm
Fontinalis antipyretica has many varieties and each is
a different size. Your moss may or may not be a
Fontinalis.
Most varieties of F.a. have a 'keel' in their leaves.

There are also other aquatic mosses in Europe.

However to identify the moss one would need a
microscope
since moss identification normally requires a
comparison of
the cell form and layout in a leaf with ID keys. Your
friend
appears to be able to take compound microscope photos.
If he
can send a photo of whole leaves and close ups of the
cells
at various parts throughout the leaf I might be able
to id
the moss. If I  can't, I know a professional Spanish
bryologist who will.

The water parameters and light conditions where the
moss
grows naturally will effect its overall structure, and
mosses grown in aquaria sometimes do not appear the
same as
in nature.

Details of the place where he collected the moss is
useful
information.

A sample of the moss will also help : )

regards