Turnover rate of leaves on Tiger Lotus

I have a Red Tiger Lotus which is apparently growing well in my 75 gallon tank. The only thing that concerns me is how frequently what appear to be very healthy, large bright red leaves fall off the plant. It seems like every few days, one of these beautiful leaves starts to loosen up via its stem dissolving off near the base. A smaller leaf is sure to replace it, as these are usually just starting to come out the crown of the plant as the stems first start to dissolve, and by the time the plant loses one of them, it is replaced. Is this normal for this plant, or, are fish speeding the process along by eating the plant (no apparent bitemarks in the leaves). Thanks!

Kirk