Re: Eclipse 5 Gallon Hex Lighting -- Color and color temps of CFLs

Subject: Re: Eclipse 5 Gallon Hex Lighting -- Color and color temps of
CFLs

Kirk M. said:
> . . .I switched out for
> a screw in type compact fluorescent bulb of 14 watts.  I
> couldn't find a
> bulb that has anything close to 6500k or even 5000k.
> This bulb puts out
> an awful yellow sheen, so I suspect it is somewhere in
> the 3000k
> range.

All-glass makes a screw in CF bulb.  Not sure of the wattage, maybe 7
watts?  It's around 6500k.  Check their web-site for details.  It wasn't
too pricey at my local fish store, which is fairly pricey anyway.  Under
$10, IIRC.

Chris