Re: my ugly powerhead

> Setting up my first plant tank, I purchased a Rio 2100 to feed a Reactor
> 1000. I have two Eheim 2224s which did not supply the minimum g/hr for the
> reactor, so I got the powerhead to drive the CO2 system. I originally
> planned on putting the powerhead in my sump tank and let it return through
> the reactor, but the LFS guy said that I should ditch the sump because the
> overflow process would cause too much CO2 loss.

A maxi jet 1200 will do more than enough. Generally this enough to run a
200gal+ tank well.
How big's the tank in the first place?

> So, what do I do with my butt-ugly powerhead? Is there really too much CO2
> loss with an overflow/sump?

No, simply place the outflow of the reactor directly into the suction side
of the return pump's suction side.

> If so, what is the best and most plant friendly
> way to hide this gargantuan eyesore?  It seems like it has a fair amount of
> pull so I would be nervous about planting anything too close to it.

It's overkill. Maybe for a very large aquarium.

> Anybody know of any powerhead placement pics? I am also looking for an
> optimum and plant-friendly way to structure the return.

Spray bar like the canister filters pointed downward or placed along the
bottom back rear part of the tank pointed slightly downward.
Regards,
Tom Barr